Zatezalo will address Health & Safety Division Plenary Session
The Health & Safety Division of the Society for Mining, Metallurgy & Exploration (SME) has announced that David Zatezalo, Assistant Secretary of Labor for Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA), will address the Division’s Plenary Session on Monday, February 26, at the 2018 SME Annual Conference & Expo and 91st Annual Meeting of the SME-MN Section.
Titled “What really works in safety management in the mining industry,” this session will also give attendees the the opportunity to hear from several high-profile speakers from the global mining industry, including:
- Mike Wright, International United Steel Workers
- Patrick James, Lehigh Hanson
- Matthew Pederson-Howard, Peabody Energy
- Jeff Kohler, Penn State University
Health & Safety Division sessions during the conference will provide unique opportunities for professionals to:
- Receive valuable information on how the global mining industry interfaces with a wide variety of health and safety regulatory frameworks and management systems.
- Gain insights on prescriptive and risk-based approaches in an era of technology-enhanced smart mining, and varying levels of government involvement and operator accountability.
- Hear perspectives from academia, industry, government, union organizations and other non-governmental groups.
For more information on the SME Health & Safety Division,