REGISTER FOR EIA 2019 NATIONAL CONFERENCE & EXHIBITION ON MARCH 23, 2019
March 23, 2019
8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Hyatt Regency Miami Downtown
400 SE 2nd Avenue
Miami, FL 33131
EIA’s multidisciplinary membership will collect, generate and disseminate information concerning environmental and occupational health hazards in the built environment to property owners and operators, interested professionals and the public.
CODE OF ETHICS
Evaluating and controlling the potential health risk resulting from the use of environmental health hazards in buildings and structures is an important task. Members of EIA recognize that their work has a vital impact on both quality of life and life expectancy of all people.
Accordingly, the services provided by the members require honesty, competence and integrity, and must be dedicated to the protection of public health, safety and welfare. In the performance of this work, members of the EIA must perform to standards of professional behavior which require adherence to the highest principles of ethical conduct on behalf of the public, clients, employees and their profession.
Members of the EIA in fulfillment of their professional duties shall, therefore:
- Hold paramount the safety, health and welfare of their employees and the public in the performance of the services.
- Perform services only in areas of their competence.
- Issue public statements only in an objective and truthful manner.
- Act in a professional manner for each employer or client as agents or trustees and avoid conflicts of interest
- Build their professional reputation on the merit of their services and not compete unfairly with others.
- Act in such manner as to uphold and enhance the honor, integrity and dignity of the membership.
- Continually strive to enhance the development of safe, effective environmental evaluation and control techniques
- Continue their professional development and encourage the professional development of those they supervise.
- Promote the education of the public concerning safe and acceptable means by which environmental management should be handle